1. Skoah || Share the love with buy-one-get-one facials at Skoah. At the facials-only “facial” shop in Oak Forest, purchase from the regularly-priced facial menu, and get another facial free. The in-house skin experts are like a trainer for your skin. Mention TIDBITS in store or when you call (promo is open to members and non-members). Promo expires Feb 17.
2. benjy’s || Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the completely-redesigned benjy’s in Rice Village with a special 6-course menu. You’ll feast on a shareable decadent dishes like smoked trout caviar & champagne, Wagyu steak, halibut, a duet of desserts and other indulgences. Make a reservation for your Feb. 14 dinner - 6 courses for $60 per person++ (vegan and vegetarian options available).
3. Anvil Cards || Want to tell your special someone you “love them like a 3 a.m. taco”? Do it at beloved Anvil Cards. The shop, located on Bissonnet, is filled with cheeky cards with original, hand-drawn sentiments on high-quality linen paper. Plus, locally-made gifts, Texas-proud tees and tiny succulents potted in recycled Topo Chico bottles.
4. Rice Village || At Rice Village’s complimentary Valentine’s Day Movie Night, indulge in chocolate, champagne, a build your own bouquet station, an Instagrammable vignette, and more. BYO blankets and chairs, pick up dinner in Rice Village, and watch "The Proposal" on the big screen. You’ll heart the event on Feb 14 from 5 - 9 p.m. (movie at 7 p.m.)
5. Biscuit || Want to get cozy in your biscuit? The lifestyle boutique in Montrose has released the Biscuit Valentine’s Day edit with candles, robes, cozy blankets and more. Consider a matching set of super-soft Pima pajamas for mom, baby and child in the Katie polka dot print. It's the next best thing after curling up under Biscuit bedding. Made in the USA.
6. Picnics in the City || Picnics in the City brings luxury picnic experiences to Houston. Inspired by the owner’s picnic experiences sitting by the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the local biz sets up Instagrammable picnics (which can be delivered to your home). Think wooden tables, balloon garlands, fresh flowers, cheese and charcuterie boards and more. Mention Tidbits for a Valentine’s Day picnic for 2 for $149 + tax and delivery fee.
7. Bering’s || Browse the “Anything But Roses” gift guides on Bering’s Instagram for inspired gift ideas, like a Vinglace, pictured. The Houston-born stainless steel wine chiller keeps wine chilled for hours. Or, consider coffee table books for the Texan in your life, jewelry, neckties, children’s gifts and Rodeo-ready boots for guys, gals and kids—all Cupid-approved.
8. Paulie’s || Say "owl love you forever" by pre-ordering Valentine’s cookies from Paulie’s. Those who know trust the eatery for their adorably decorated shortbread cookies, which taste as good as they look. Kathy Petronella has combined her Italian grandmother’s pizzelle recipe and her Irish grandmother’s shortbread recipe. Order cookies for teacher gifts, your bestie or your crush.
9. Birds Barbershop || This February, Birds Barbershop in the Heights has "Lovebird Bundles" for the perfect Valentine's gift. With every $30 gift card purchased, customers will get two mini haircare products, a V Day card, Independence koozie and chocolate kisses. Haircuts, blowouts and color services are available at Birds Barbershop, named six consecutive times to ELLE Magazine’s list of the 100 best salons in America.
10. Love Dance Houston Studio || Newly engaged or in a date night rut? Learn the moves and connect at Love Dance Houston Studio, the warehouse loft in Sawyer Yards that couples are buzzing about for its award-winning private and group dance lessons that are BYOB! The chic, art-filled venue, where Tidbits hosted our Twinkle Market, is also available to book for weddings, rehearsal dinners and engagement parties. Mention Tidbits for $500 off rental.
11. The Lash Lounge || Wink, wink. Get a full set of lashes for $99 (regularly $200) when you show this email at The Lash Lounge, brand new at Yale Marketplace. Home to the crème de la crème of lash artists, your look will go to new lengths with lash extensions customized to suit your personal style. Start by choosing your perfect curl and type (silk, semi matte finish or feathery mink).
Want to be in the next Tidbits Guide? Email us at email@example.com.