As the newest member of the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA), I wanted to personally write and welcome you. Thank you for joining the thousands who care deeply about the more than 2 million Americans living with congenital heart disease. We are glad to have you with us. As a member, you will be exposed to a wealth of information as well as the opportunity to connect with one of our Ambassadors who can assist you by providing one-on-one support. You will see why so many people value and support ACHA through their volunteer efforts and through donations that allow us to continue our work. We value our members and want to encourage you to take advantage of all of our resources and to actively participate in our programs.
To keep you informed, you will receive ACHA's bimonthly newsletter, Heart Happenings; our monthly events newsletter, #ACHALive; and periodic emails about other opportunities for becoming involved and receiving additional educational information.
I hope you will take some time to explore our website and learn about different ACHA programs:
- The ACHA Online Community is a member only benefit that provides our members with opportunities to connect with one another and ACHA in a safe and secure environment. Before you can access the Online Community, you will need to create a username and password. Approval may take several days. Please visit the following link in order to join: https://community.achaheart.org
- The ACHA Personal Health Passport, provides you or your healthcare providers immediate access to important healthcare information about you.
- The ACHA Online Clinic Directory is the only one of its kind. It offers comparative information about self-identified ACHD programs in the United States and Canada.
- ACHA Webinars are presented monthly on timely and interesting topics. They are archived as well and available for your viewing at a time convenient for you.
- The ACHA H2H Ambassador Program will connect you with trained peers who can provide education, support and resources. We know that living with congenital heart disease can sometimes be a challenge. If you or a family member is facing a particularly difficult situation we encourage you to take advantage of our free Ambassador Program and call us toll-free at (888) 921-ACHA or email email@example.com.
- ACHA online and printed educational materials address topics of interest to ACHD patients. Q&A sheets on disease specific topics and subjects such as pregnancy and birth control are downloadable and printable.
Want to learn more? We hope you will explore other areas at ACHA. Click on these links and learn more about ACHA and how to become involved:
Visit our blog often and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Look for ACHA in your area this year! Learn more about other ACHA events, too, including Regional Conferences, Walk for 1 in 100, and local CHD Conversations events.
If you would like to get involved and make a difference, or if I can help you in any way, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to discuss how your actions can help our community.
All of our programs would not be possible without the support of those with CHD and their families, like you, who donate to ACHA. Please consider joining these hundreds of ACHA members by making a donation today.
Thanks again for joining. I am excited to get to know you better.
Membership & Volunteer Coordinator
PS: We're happy to have you as a member of ACHA. Privacy is important to us. We''ll never sell, rent, or give your name or address to anyone.
Adult Congenital Heart Association
280 North Providence Road, Suite 6, Media, PA 19063
T 215.849.1260 F 215.849.1261 E email@example.com
ACHA is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Tax ID# 04-3447959