Thank you for joining Carers UK. As Director of Carers Scotland (part of Carers UK) I'm delighted to welcome you to our supportive community and movement for change.
Looking after someone can be tough, but you're not on your own. Carers UK is here to listen, to give you expert information, support and advice, to champion your rights and support you in finding new ways to manage at home, at work, or wherever you are.
A good place to start is our online Forum, a place where you can talk honestly, share experiences and receive support from people who know exactly what you're going through. Visit www.carersuk.org/forum and log in with the username and password you chose when you joined. When you first enter the Forum please read the Community Guidelines and, if you'd like to, go to the New Members section to introduce yourself and share what's on your mind.
As a member of Carers UK you will also receive:
- Caring magazine, our lively members'' magazine packed full of news, features, and information on our events and services. Most of our members receive their Caring magazine online which helps keep costs down - read the latest issue here. If you would prefer to receive a printed copy please let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular email newsletters to keep you up-to-date on all issues related to caring and how you can get involved.
Should you want to change the way you hear from Carers UK or unsubscribe from our communications, or if you have any questions about your membership, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 020 73784997.
Here are a few other ways in which you can find support and understanding:
- Access information, support and advice from our website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Helpline on 0808 808 7777 (Monday and Tuesday, 10am-4pm).
- Find help and support groups in your area using our local directory
- Download our "Looking After Someone" guide:?www.carersuk.org/looking-after-someone
- Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Wherever you are on your caring journey, I hope you will find your membership of Carers UK a rewarding and helpful experience. As one of our long-standing members said,
'When you are caring for someone you have to find that inner strength to carry on each day. Knowing that Carers UK is there to help is a lifeline.'
Director of Carers Scotland