ONE COMMUNITY II
The ongoing pandemic has created so many challenges for so many people and the second national lockdown here in England put an abrupt end to our race season, with four events still left to run.
The first One Community event that took place in May was a massive success and a huge amount of positivity was generated. We want to end the year on a positive note and give everybody, especially those who had their races cancelled, a chance to end it with something great.
This second One Community event will run from the 23rd - 29th November 2020 with the same overall format as our May 2020 event with one or two additions along the way.
Click here to see full details of the November event. Entries are open now.
Here are the results and the report from the first edition so you can get a feel for what it is all about.
What is It
Centurion Running One Community is a virtual event which takes place over 7 days, starting at 0001 GMT on Monday 23rd November and ending at 2359 GMT on Sunday 29th November 2020. The event is for everybody, anywhere in the world, of any age.
You can select any of the target distances you wish from the below, and run that distance in one go, or cumulatively, over the course of the week.
You will be able to submit results in any format. You will enter the time and day on which you started your first run, and then the finish time of your final run. If you do the distance in one go, then the start and finish time of that one run. The system will then calculate your overall time.
- Half Marathon
- 50 mile
- 100 mile (18 and over only)
The results will show in order of cumulative time, and by category. Categories include gender and age groups. However the primary objective is to complete the challenge you set for yourself and to engage with your friends, family and the Centurion Community by sharing your journey along the way. Age Categories are available all the way from Under 5''s to Vet 90 (aside from the 100 mile where categories will be senior and up only)
What do You Get?
- Personal Bib Number - downloadable at the start of race week by clicking on your race number on the Entrants page here
- Live results/ leaderboard throughout the event
- Centurion designed medal sent to you in the post once you complete your event - this will be a wooden medal and will come with a ribbon displaying your finish distance
- Centurion designed 100 mile finisher buckle, for finishers in the 100 mile event only
- (You can opt out of receiving the medal/ buckle during the registration process, in favour of planting a tree with trees not tees)
- There will be prizes for the winner of each category in each race eg: Under 5, 5km all the way to Vet 70 100 mile.
- Spot prizes from our sponsors la Sportiva, Ultimate Direction and Injinji for best posts/ photos/ interactions via social media/ email and the hashtag #centurioncommunity
- 10% of all entry fees will go to charity. 5% to MIND (Charity no. 219830) and 5% to NHS Charities Together (Charity no. 1186569.) Over ?10,000 was donated on behalf of the One Community event in May.
How much is It
*Free Entries to those in need or who have been impacted by the ongoing situation. We have set up a 'Community' ticket. These are free entries to the One Community event. Runners have emailed us to say that they'd like to contribute to help others who have suffered loss of income as a result of the ongoing crisis. Those people have made donations, which we have in turn matched so that we have an available pool of funds to be allocated to those who can't afford to take part but would like to. Please email us here to request access to a private registration link. No explanation is required and none will be asked for, if you email (by clicking here) us we will simply send you a link to be able to register just like anybody else, but at no cost.
- 5km - Half Marathon distances - ?15
- Marathon - 50km - 50 mile distances - ?20
- 100 mile - ?30
- Free entries are available to runners under below terms*