Hundreds of thousands of people rely on Coworker.org to amplify their voices at work. Help us provide tools, coaching, and training to help worker organizers keep winning in 2021.
This year, we''ve all learned about the importance of community-we''re so powerful when we come together. Whether we''re frontline workers and first responders, or just neighbors and friends, many of us have learned how to better protect and provide for those around us.
In March and April alone, activity on our site exploded 2600%. More than 1 million people visited Coworker.org in the first three weeks of the national lockdown. Since then, workers have continued to turn to us for support calling out safety issues during the pandemic, and organizing for better working conditions.?
Can you help us to keep supporting worker organizing during the pandemic? Just click here to make a tax-deductible end-of-year donation now.
As a tumultuous 2020 comes to a close, we want to share some of our community''s wins this year. There were a lot! Here are just some of the victories:
- Just this month, Starbucks employees had two major victories: an end to in-store happy hours and a $15/hr starting wage! This is after tens of thousands of Starbucks baristas joined a successful campaign to close cafes with pay. And when cafes reopened, Starbucks baristas again successfully organized to require that customers wear face masks.?
- Postal workers spoke out about a lack of PPE and other issues at the USPS that led to safety improvements.
- REI employees got the outdoor retailer to close stores with pay at the beginning of the pandemic, and now continue to fight to be prioritized during rehiring and for more COVID-19 precautions.
|KEEP THE WINS GOING IN 2021?
- Grocery store workers won temporary hazard pay and/or boosts in compensation at Trader Joe''s, Albertsons/Safeway, H-E-B, Kroger, Market of Choice, and New Seasons Market. Kroger employees also got their employer to require customers to wear masks.
- Transit workers and healthcare workers won improved access to paid sick leave during the pandemic.
- Live Nation workers won compensation for postponed or cancelled shows in March.
None of these victories would have been possible without you! Thanks for being a part of the Coworker.org community.?
With a lot of uncertainty still ahead of us, it''s important that we continue to be a source of steady support for frontline workers.
You can help by making a donation now. Your tax-deductible gift will help us offer free tools, coaching, training, and resources to worker organizers across the country.
I hope you''ll consider contributing now.