International Narratives about COVID-19 and Early Childhood
EECERA Online Convocation 27-28 October 2020
This year's EECERA Conference in Zagreb has been postponed to 2021 and in its place, EECERA's Board of Trustees have decided to call ECEC colleagues and friends together for this online event.
The impact of COVID-19 on all aspects of society and on all members of our communities, from the very young to the very old, can be dramatic and life changing. The experience of COVID is certainly a uniting call for a rethink of the way we have been living and confronts us all with a demand to change. The pandemic provides our EECERA community with both immediate and longer-term questions and concerns. It also provides us with opportunities to rethink, recalibrate and renew our mission and our methods of engaging.
This Convocation is intended to stimulate open and illuminative dialogues, the exchange of experiences, and the identification of productive responses to support young children and families as we navigate the profound challenges of this time. It provides a forum to explore contested positions, seeks plurality and multiple perspectives and collaboration, not exceptionalism.
In this Convocation we aim to:
- share actions, research and strategies that have been taken in countries around the world to support young children and families, and those who work with them, during the pandemic;
- share plural narratives about the pandemic experience from children, parents, practitioners, providers and policy administrators;
- identify key challenges facing the early childhood sector;
- engage in critical and constructive dialogues about these responses and experiences which can inform and extend our understanding of the impact of the pandemic and how the early childhood sector might respond to the challenges it brings.
The Convocation is co-chaired by Prof. Chris Pascal (EECERA President) and Prof. Tony Bertram (EECERJ Coordinating Editor) and consists of five webinars over two days; it will focus on the following topics: System Challenges; Perspectives of Staff and Settings; Perspectives of Children; Perspectives of Parents and Family; Perspectives on Pedagogy.
Each webinar comprises keynote presentation, panel discussion and a moderated Q&A session between speakers and attendees.
The registration fee of ?90* (or ?45* for EECERA members) will give you access to:
- All five webinars over two days
- Live Q&A with the presenters and panellists
- On-demand access to all webinar recordings for up to 90 days after the event.
The ticket price points are consistent for members and non-members (?45 and ?90 respectively). However, depending on attendees' geographical location, legally, VAT application differs.