Premier Mixed-Use Community and Live
Entertainment District Coming to Anaheim
a valued Encore Club Subscriber, we want to share some of the biggest news in Orange County sports and entertainment history!
A $3 billion, 115-acre, mixed-use community and live entertainment district, called
ocV!BE, is coming to Anaheim! An endeavor of the Samueli Family, this sustainable and transit-oriented district is scheduled to open in 2024 and be fully completed by the 2028 Olympics when Honda Center hosts indoor volleyball.
ocV!BE will surround its anchor, Honda Center, with a full range of lifestyle and public amenities as well as live entertainment venues. This includes:
- A new state-of-the-art 6,000-capacity concert venue
- A 68,000-square-foot food hall, plus a variety of restaurants and retail
- Two hotels with 650 total rooms, and a 325,000-square-foot office tower
- Three unique public plazas surrounding Honda Center
- 2,800 residential apartment units that will include a 15% dedication to affordable housing
acres of open space and parks, and a network of pedestrian bridges and walkways, including a landmark bridge over Katella Avenue
proposed development aims to help the community not only by providing a multitude of new offerings, but also economically. It will create nearly 13,000 construction jobs, in addition to an estimated 3,000+ permanent jobs upon completion. Additionally, the new district will generate more than $2 billion in one-time economic impact as well as over $400 million in annual recurring influence to the area.
Revenue generated by the project will assist the City of Anaheim in its efforts to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic as well as enhance neighborhoods and public safety.