Dear Friends -
Hartford Public Library is working closely with City and State officials in response to the outbreak of COVID19 in our state. We have some service changes and program cancellations to share with you.
Please note that Library hours may continue to change and additional programs may be canceled or postponed in an effort to protect the health of our customers, staff and community. We recognize the need to be mindful of our public spaces, the number of people physically present in them and proximity of people in those spaces.
Service and Program Changes:
- For the foreseeable future, we are extending our renewal period to compensate for late returns. Your materials will be automatically renewed up to three times if no one else is waiting; if you have difficulty returning items please give us a call.
Upon consultation with the Hartford Public Schools we will be temporarily suspending public service at the Boundless Library@ Rawson from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
Hartford Public Library is canceling the following programs and events. We will reschedule as many as possible and publicize new dates as they become available.
Opening Reception, Erik Williams’ Lost in Color - March 13th: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Baby Grand Jazz Series (all 3:00-4:00pm)
· Iris Ornig Quintet- March 15th
· Haneef N. Nelson Quintet- March 22nd
· Ricky Alfonso Group- March 29th
· Envisage Collective- April 5th
· The Joe Carter Samba Rio- April 19th
· TAEKO- April 26th
Mental Health Pre-Screening Day
Saturday March 21st: 1:00-4:00pm
La Colectiva Feminista
Tuesday March 24th: 5:00-7:45pm
Mondays March 23rd-April 11th: 5:30-7:30pm
Andrea Cruz Concert
Sunday April 5th: 1:30-2:30pm
A series of children’s events at the Downtown Library will be cancelled as well.
Read With Gizmo
Saturday, March 21st, April 4th & 18th, 10:30 am
Yoga for Success
Monday, March 23rd 5:30pm
Family Pajama Storytime
Thursday, March 26th 5:30pm
Celebrate Holi Festival of Colors
Thursday, April 9th 4:30 pm
Youth on Youth Bullying Workshop
Tuesday, April 14th 1:00pm
Family Literacy Day (Lego Day)
Wednesday, April 15th 10am-2pm
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Celebration
Thursday, April 23rd 5:30 pm
We are taking practical steps to help reduce the potential spread of the virus:
- Enhancing cleaning measures in all buildings, with particular focus on high-traffic and high-touch areas
- Reminding all staff and customers of proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, such as: covering coughs and sneezes with something other than your hand; washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; and, avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. We have added more hand-sanitizer stations in our larger facilities.
- Encouraging staff to stay home if they are sick
There are many sources of reliable and accurate information about the virus including Hartford.gov and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. (Click here for information in Spanish - be sure to scroll down).
Libraries are shared public spaces. For the health and safety of others, please be thoughtful about coming into a library if you are not feeling well.
Need something to read or watch? There’s a Library at your fingertips:
Check out the Library’s many online books and media and other resources including e-books and e-audiobooks; streaming TV, movie and music services; online classes; and digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines.
If you have any questions, please call 860-695-6300 or email email@example.com.