And now, to officially announce our ambitious plans for IndieCade 2020!
IndieCade Festival - October 16th - 24th, 2020
- Submissions Now Open -
Today we are announcing IndieCade Anywhere and Everywhere, a global, multi-day, distributed celebration of innovation and innovators, of fresh new games and their creators, of connections new and old, and of coming together as a community and welcoming so many new voices, friends, partners, creators, supporters, and enthusiasts.
IndieCade is above all else a community of people who love games, who celebrate innovation, and who want to be together to collaborate, share, and play. As people around the world redefine what it means to "be together," IndieCade has embraced the year 2020 as a creative opportunity to try something new, to continue to innovate on our core mission, and to continue to broaden our impact.
IndieCade has become known throughout the world as a "place" to come and experience new games. We are very proud of what we've accomplished, but we have always recognized that physically gathering can pose financial and logistical obstacles to under-resourced creators and communities. We are therefore embracing 2020 as a call for innovation, and a canvas for exploring new ways of bringing people together remotely through play. All of this while we also continue to work towards plans for our in-person festival events in Paris and Santa Monica.*
October 16 - October 24: IndieCade Anywhere and Everywhere
- October 16th & 17th - In-person* and virtual opening celebration and exhibition in Paris, France (IndieCade Europe)
- October 17th through 23rd - Virtual worldwide distributed event featuring all nominated games, sessions, networking, and play.
- October 23rd & 24th - In-person* and virtual closing celebration and exhibition in Santa Monica, USA (IndieCade US)
* Subject to our ability to bring people together safely and joyously.
We are excited that the many creative minds that collaborate to put on IndieCade have been inspired to work together to find new ways to bring even more people together, share new games, and experience more than a week of the future according to indies, regardless of geographical location or time zone.
Submissions for IndieCade Festival 2020 Anywhere and Everywhere are now open, and given the worldwide situation, we have extended our early submission rate through May 1. (Take a look online for more details at indiecade.com/submissions.)
So... what will it mean if.
...you are submitting a game?
- All entries are reviewed by our jury and considered for the chosen event.
- All team members receive complimentary passes to attend the Festival's Developer Summit (IndieXchange). (Note: this is a far better benefit than in years past, since this is now a virtual event and developers can attend from anywhere in the world, and will not have to travel to Los Angeles to enjoy the benefit and participate in the event.)
- Opportunity to participate in a digital version of IndieCade's signature GameTasting (show-and-tell), first come, first served. In-person opportunities may also be available.
- Members: Along with other benefits, members may opt to receive written or personal feedback on your game submission (You can find out more information about membership at indiecade.com/memberships.)
- If you are nominated...
- All nominees are eligible for IndieCade Awards. (Find out more about the awards at indiecade.com/awards.)
- All nominees will receive an official IndieCade Nominee Seal.
- VIP passes for your full team to all events for which you are nominated (both in person and virtually), including access to the Awards.
- All nominees will be featured and highlighted throughout the week to the entirety of the IndieCade audience and participants via an amplified web presence, direct media promotion, curated narrations, showcases, presentations, and more.
- All nominees will receive game promotion including pre- and post- event releases and media outreach, and on-site PR where relevant. Award winners will be included in a digital press conference activity.
- All nominees will be promoted, featured, and mentioned, via IndieCade's prominent social, traditional, and online channels including a game profile on IndieCade's website and official wiki, and inclusion on IndieCade's social channels and far- reaching newsletter.
- All nominated teams will have the opportunity to request customized meetings from a menu of specific funders, publishers, partners, play testers, and more, as available.
- Additional benefits: Nominee games will have the opportunity to showcase at the in-person events for IndieCade Festivals in Paris/Europe and Santa Monica/U.S. for no additional materials fees, should those in-person events take place this year. This includes badges for the team, appropriate booth space, standard furniture (tables/chairs), and electrical.
...you wish to speak or attend the conference?
. IndieCade''s festival theme this year turned out to be prescient - community and resilience. Stay tuned for ongoing announcements about these exceptional conferences. Many team members from nominated games will be invited for presentations and speaking opportunities. Programming and access will begin to be announced in the next few weeks.
...you wish to sponsor?
. Our list of opportunities has grown even more fantastic with opportunities for online placement, visibility, and direct gamemaker benefits, as well as with worldwide and locally targeted brand visibility and messaging, showcasing, speaking, hosting, and more! Contact us at email@example.com and we can help you out!
... you wish to attend?
. Tickets for all events will go on sale in the coming months. Make sure to follow our social media and if you are not already signed up, subscribe to our newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you all, from wherever you are, in October!!