Thanks to supporters like you, 2019 was a year of incredible accomplishments, including the most productive legislative session in NYPIRG’s history. But we need your help to stay strong and effective.
Please make your generous,
tax-deductible contribution today to keep us fighting and winning!
This past year, NYPIRG successfully advocated for:
- Restrictions on toxics in children’s products and dangerous chemicals that threaten drinking water
- Big improvements in how elections are conducted
- Billions of dollars for water systems and mass transit
- A commitment to generate 70% of New York’s electricity from renewables by 2040 and achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions
We also issued reports, made presentations, and kicked off new campaigns on a wide range of important issues — and we registered 15,000 new voters.
While we are proud of our work, there is still much to do. The looming climate crisis is terrifying, and experts say that the world is on a catastrophic trajectory. We are redoubling our efforts to fight global warming by:
- Ardently opposing the expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure and pushing for clean, renewable power
- Keeping the pressure on government to keep its promises
to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Holding the fossil fuel industries accountable for their efforts to bamboozle the public on the dangers of global warming
Also in 2020, we will continue to advocate for clean drinking water, a reduction in plastic pollution, and more accessible and affordable higher education — all the while shining a light on government corruption.
Year after year, with your crucial help, NYPIRG drives public attention to the key issues of the day
and has a meaningful, positive impact on policies that affect all New Yorkers. Please make your vital, 100% tax-deductible contribution today!
Thank you so much for your loyal support.